Bike trainers are an exercising equipment used for cycling indoors in an immobile state. It is used best in the vicinity of one’s home while watching television or listening to music. These cycle trainers are actively used by athletes to keep their muscles and hamstring loose before a sprint or jump. It helps in keeping their legs strain-free during a game. Below reviews can help you to find the best trainer to suit your needs.
Best Bike Trainers Reviews of 2017
|Top 3 Bike Trainers||Features||Ratings|
|Magnet Steel Bike Bicycle Indoor Exercise Trainer Stand
|CycleOps Wind Trainer, Black
|Conquer Indoor Bike Trainer Portable Exercise Bicycle Magnetic Stand
Types of Bike Trainers
There are two broad varieties of cycling trainers:
- Roller Bike Trainers: Simplest form of home trainers, but can be tough to balance initially. With practice, it is just another drill technique.
- Mechanical Resistance trainers: It is a version of an indoor trainer that comes with vertical bike stand giving a better balance and control.
Advantages of Bike Trainers
These smart trainers come up with easy to use options that are fitted at your home with a simple mechanism. But, why use these for cycling? Good bike trainers come with the following benefits:
Benefits of Roller Bike Trainers
- Basic & simple design
- Offers real-life biking experience
- Effective to lose weight and exercise while biking
Benefits of Mechanical Bike Trainers
- Compact in design
- Comparatively Quiet Bike Trainer
- Easy to learn & balance
- Adjustable speed & resistance
Disadvantages of Bike Trainers
Although they are smart indoor trainers to learn cycling, they do come with their disadvantages, some of them are:
Disadvantages of Roller Bike Trainers
- Very tough to balance initially
- Resistance is based on gears, it can be hectic to adjust
- Strength can only be altered by shifting the gears
- Not compatible to equip with fat tires common in mountaineering bikes
Disadvantages of Mechanical Bike Trainers
- Very noisy when used
- Resistance of Wind Bike Trainer is not always preferred
- Complex design can make it fragile if not dealt carefully
- Overheating & expanding traits decreases the longevity
- Expensive as compared to Roller bike trainers
Reviews of Top 3 Bike Trainers
1. Magnet Steel Bike Bicycle Indoor Exercise Trainer Stand
An indoor bike trainer that works on the principle of progressive magnetic resistance comes with 5 distinct resistance levels.
- Dimensions: 21.4×19.4×15.5
- Can be mounted on both road & mountain bikes with the 26″, 27″ or 700c wheel
2. CycleOps Wind Trainer, Black
A popular pick in the Wind Trainer category, it is very simple in design and ideal for cycling indoors. The wind is created by a heavy metal fan that generates the resistance formed by pedaling.
- Speed up to 30mph
- Resistance power of 600 plus watts
3. Conquer Indoor Bike Trainer Portable Exercise Bicycle Magnetic Stand
- Compatible with wheel sizes of 26 inches and 27 inches
- Dimensions: 22” (W) x 18.5” (D) x 15” (H)
There are several other trainers for sale at Amazon. We have featured some more cycle trainer reviews here.